- Disabled access
- Things to Do
- Camping & Caravan Parks
- How to get here
- Book Online Accommodation
- Interactive route map of the line
- Which locos are running
- Legal Information
- Overseas Visitors
- Other Services
- Preservation Society
Preparation of Cards and Letters
In order to comply with Post Office regulations for Railway Letters a few simple rules have to be followed when preparing postcards and envelopes:-
1a. Items 'To Be Posted' - The name and full postal address must be written in the lower right hand quarter of the envelope and must be followed by:- "TO BE POSTED ON ARRIVAL AT (station name"
1b. Items 'To be Called for' - Must bear in place of the usual address:-
Name of the recipient
Passenger Booking Office
(name of station)
To Be Called For
Name of Station
and on the back of the envelope it must bear the sender's name and address.
2. Postage stamps to the value of the current FIRST CLASS letter rate must be fixed to the top right hand corner.
3. Talyllyn Railway Letter stamps to the appropriate value must be affixed in the bottom left hand corner.
4. When writing a message on a postcard be careful to leave enough space to the right hand side of the Railway Letter Stamp for postmarking.
An example of how to prepare an envelope is shown below:-