- Disabled access
- Things to Do
- Camping & Caravan Parks
- How to get here
- Book Online Accommodation
- Interactive route map of the line
- Which locos are running
- Legal Information
- Overseas Visitors
- Other Services
- Preservation Society
Peter Sam's Party!
Thursday, 1 June 2017
Thursday, 24 August 2017
Come and join Peter Sam and his friends for some fun and activities!
Peter Sam’s special train will leave Tywyn Wharf station for Abergynolwyn at 9.45am. Take part in a family “Spot Peter Sam” competition up and down the line as well as various activities based at both Tywyn and Abergynolwyn stations:
|Tywyn Wharf||P R T||dep.||09.45||10.30||11.40||12.15||1.25||2.35||3.10||4.20|
|Dolgoch Falls||P T||dep.||10.22||11.02||12.12||12.49||1.59||3.07||3.44||4.54|
|Abergynolwyn||P R T||arr.||10.37||11.17||12.27||1.02||2.12||3.22||3.57||5.07|
|Abergynolwyn||P R T||arr.||11.41||12.51||1.26||2.36||3.46||4.21||5.48|
|Dolgoch Falls||P T||dep.||11.17||12.25||1.35||2.12||3.20||4.30||5.07||6.05|
|Tywyn Wharf||P R T||arr.||11.52||12.57||2.07||2.47||3.57||5.02||5.39||6.37|
Shuttles with Rusty
|Abergynolwyn||P R T||dep.||10.50||11.50||1.35||2.45||4.25|
|Abergynolwyn||P R T||arr.||11.13||12.13||1.58||3.08||4.44|
- Activities for children in the Slater Room and around Wharf Station
- Llechfan Garden Railway open
- Narrow Gauge Railway Museum where budding engine drivers can climb aboard the cab of a real locomotive, and can explore the other exhibits
- Miniature train rides
- Doctor Humyar’s puppet theatre (June event)
- Craft activities
- Treasure hunt
- Face painting
- Balloon modelling
- Station shuttle train with Peter Sam
- Shuttles behind Rusty to Nant Gwernol and return
- “Railway Adventure” playground and picnic area
Great family food will be on offer all day in King's Licensed Café from breakfast to afternoon tea, and light refreshments are available in the Quarryman’s Caban Tea Room at Abergynolwyn.
A special train service will run on these days and normal fares apply.
The Talyllyn Railway is the owner of locomotives Talyllyn, Dolgoch, Sir Haydn, Edward Thomas, Douglas, Midlander and Tom Rolt which were written into the Rev. W. Awdry’s stories as Skarloey, Rheneas, Sir Handel, Peter Sam, Duncan, Rusty and Ivo Hugh.